When you visit our website, one of the first things you'll notice is a button that says EMPOWER at the top of your screen. The idea behind the creation of The Breast Place was to help empower women who have been challenged by all aspects of life,...
When you visit our website, one of the first things you'll notice is a button that says EMPOWER at the top of your screen. The idea behind the creation of The Breast Place was to help empower women who have been challenged by all aspects of life, to help boost their confidence, and to restore their sense of normalcy. Today, we are going to be talking about the importance and self restorative power of self-confidence as an adult.
Watching as your body changes over the years, seeing your body change due to cancer treatments and surgeries, and sitting in front of the mirror after a hard week can be incredibly difficult, make it hard to feel like yourself, and can be a blow to your self-confidence. It's no secret that every media outlet and our smart devices that we are glued to also add a decent amount of weight to our everyday moods, decisions, how we see ourselves, and how we feel about ourselves. As we grow older, it's hard to keep up with being your own hype woman and keeping your self-confidence up. As a woman-run and owned business, we understand that completely.
We opened this clinic as a way to empower women who have been challenged with various aspects of life and encourage them to find beauty in all things. We cherish our survivors and want them to feel loved, respected, and beautiful. We hope that by offering services like skin rejuvenation and scar revision that we can boost their confidence and restore their sense of normalcy in life. After challenging life events, we offer total wellness through skin resurfacing with the latest laser technology, dermal injections to subtly address fine lines and wrinkles, body contouring to tackle unwanted areas of fat with non-invasive treatment, and much more. These services include truSculpt iD, secret RF, excel V+, Botox, and products from Environ and Cutera to help with loose skin, stretch marks, and scars caused by acne. We are dedicated to helping you feel your best. Today, we want to talk about celebrating and nurturing your self-confidence!
What Is Wellness?
Wellness goes beyond waking up without a cold, having bad allergies, or a runny nose. Wellness goes into how your feeling mentally and emotionally, all of which can be helped by caring for yourself and taking advantage of all of our empowering services. According to the Global Institute of Wellness, it is defined as the active pursuit of activities, choices, and a lifestyle that leads to a state of holistic health. It is an active pursuit towards a healthy lifestyle and state of mind. It is also an individual pursuit. While it is important to surround yourself with supportive and loving people, you have to make these choices and accept what you need to achieve wellness on your own. Making that uphill climb will be worth the outcome. Wellness is also not a one-dimensional thing, it is a six-part dimensional way of thinking and living! It includes:
- Physical - Keeping a healthy body with activity, exercise, plenty of sleep, and a good diet.
- Mental - Supporting your creativity, continuing to learn, problem-solving, and much more.
- Emotional - Being in touch with your emotions, understanding your emotions, knowing how to properly and healthily express them, and how to return the favor with other's feelings.
- Spiritual - Having your personal understanding and belief for the meaning and purpose of life.
- Social - Interacting, connecting, and giving back to others and your community.
- Environmental - Putting yourself in a safe and healthy environment that is beneficial to your overall health and the health of your loved ones.
The pandemic and many personal struggles that are out of our hands have and will continue to make working towards wellness that The Breast Place offers and what you can do for yourself a challenge. However, we are here when you're ready and believe in you that you can reach a very healthy and happy balance of wellness and self-confidence.
What are some of the ways you can work towards your overall wellness?
- Greet the day with a routine and moments of joy. If you are working at home or the office, take a moment for yourself in the morning to meditate, exercise, journal, eat a good breakfast, wait to look at your phone, or think about what you're thankful for. Keeping a routine can also be very beneficial for your wellness, organization, and to help you be more productive.
- If stress is getting to you, practice a few breathing techniques. Or, just take a moment away from what you're working on to take a few deep breaths or get some fresh air.
- Stay active! While the pandemic has changed what that looks like for many of us, keep that blood pumping! Ride your bike, dance around the living room with your loved ones, or try that new workout app you've been eyeing.
- A good diet can help you from the inside out. It can help with how you feel, think, operate, and it can help you stay in great physical shape. A good diet helps boost your immunity and cutting out those unhealthy foods can help reduce inflammation, help with focus, and much more.
- Introduce the practice of mindfulness to your wellness journey. Surround yourself with positive and loving people, stay in touch with family and friends, and take the time for positive affirmations and gratitude. Even a few moments of reflection can improve your whole day.
- Make time to do the things you love to do. You need time away from work and the responsibilities of your life to pursue and spend time doing what you love.
- Invest in sleeping well and getting enough sleep every night. This might mean putting down your phone, putting down your book, and turning off Netflix much sooner than you would like.
- Don't be afraid to try new things. Try that new hobby, that new workout class, that new recipe, or go and sign up for that class or even that new degree!
- Like we mentioned above, do these things for yourself and no one else. While feeding and nurturing yourself can nurture your relationships, it's because you're nurturing your relationship with yourself, not with or for someone else.
- Invest in time management tools, hacks, apps, and dedicate your time back to what you want and need to use it for. Use it to focus on the important things in your life and not on the things that cause worry and what you have no control over.
How do you nurture self-confidence?
Self-confidence is a difficult thing to maintain and have a healthy relationship with as an adult. However, it doesn't have to be something you are constantly fighting against. This is also hard for everyone, not just women. As you go through life, be gentle and kind with those you come in contact with, you don't know what they're going through. To nurture your self-confidence, you will have to put the work in yourself, and please don't rely on others to provide it for you. This is for you by you.
- First off, acknowledge and realize what in your life is giving you any doubts in your confidence. Too much time on social media? A stressful job or work relationship? Issues at home or with a friend or family member? Ask yourself if the negative things that you are telling yourself connected to these situations are true, and remember that if a loved one would never say these things to you, do not say them to yourself.
- Forgive yourself for the smallest and biggest mistakes. Just because you've made mistakes does not mean you're a bad person. Everyone makes mistakes, that's what people do.
- Get off of those social media apps and put down your phone more often.
- Remove yourself from negative situations and don't be afraid to say no. You can put space between yourself and negative individuals or situations, and you can say no without explaining yourself.
- Focus on the positive things in your life and consider everything you've learned throughout your life. Focus on the new and positive skills you've learned due to everything you've been through and how that has made your life so much better.
- Exercise! Keeping active helps boost your self-esteem and will improve your mental health as well.
- Giving back and doing unto others as you would wish to be treated in kind can also boost your self-esteem. Even the smallest acts of kindness can have the biggest impact.
- Take time to do activities that show off and use your special unique skills and abilities.
- Invest in good hygiene and keep up with your yearly doctor's exams. Taking charge of how you feel and your health is very empowering.
- Keeping learning new things and challenge yourself to learn a new skill, or improve upon the skills you already have.
- Make time and space for yourself, who you are, and know that it is okay to celebrate yourself, forgive yourself, care for yourself, and be kind to yourself.
Being kind to yourself in the process of wellness, self-confidence, and empowerment can be the hardest battle. It's easy to make fun of and downplay the importance of each of these elements in your life, but there is nothing like permitting yourself to go after the wellness and self-confidence you deserve. We are here to help you start that journey and inspire you along the way. We believe in each of you and know that you deserve this kindness. If you have any questions about our services, empowerment, self-confidence, survivorship, or anything else, we are here for you! Dear readers, please know we are always here for you with your best interests at heart. Please stay safe, make smart decisions, and be kind to yourself in 2021!